The news system allows authorized members to post timely messages to the site. The News operates on a blog-like system. As soon as a message is submitted, it's publicly available. The message can be edited later by authorized members.
Creating a news message:
- Log into the site with your name and password
- Click on the "News" link under the Group menu on the left side.
- Click the "New Message" button in the top right corner of the page
- You can now modify the message's subject, date, content and tags. You can also enter the path to an image that will display with the news item.
- To save the changes to the message, click the "Save" button. The message will be assigned a message ID number, as well as creation and modification dates. The modification date will be updated each time you edit the message.
- When you are completed editing the message, simply click "Done" to return to the News page.
Linking to a news message:
- Simply hold your cursor over the "Link" link and ctrl-click to copy the URL. You can then paste it elsewhere.